Rásaíocht Con Éireann / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) has responsibility for the promotion, regulation and on-going development of the Greyhound industry in Ireland. A vacancy has arisen at our Newbridge venue for the position of Racing Operative. Full details of the position are outlined below.
Job Title: Racing Operative (Part-time)
Reports to: Racing Manager
Location: Newbridge Greyhound Stadium
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Collection and balancing of Race Entry Fees.
- Collection and balancing of Trial Fees.
- Racing Management System (RMS) Data Input.
- Operation of the Photo finish equipment.
- Acting as a judge at race night events.
- Assisting the stewards of the meeting with kennel and parading duties.
- Cover of Racing Office during racing events.
- Assisting and monitoring the printing of race cards.
- Carry out any work-related requests as required in the weight room and kennel area.
Comply with all GRI procedures to include all statutory procedures - Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet business needs.
Hours of Work
The role is a part-time role, with a minimum of 3-4 hours per week to cover at trial sessions and race events. Normal working days can be Thursday to Sunday but are subject to change.
Education and Preferred Behaviours and Competencies
- At least 6 months gained demanding role with excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel & Word;
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative;
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team;
- Seeking a challenging work environment