Grounds Maintenance & Racing Equipment Operator
Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ) / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland. We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance & Racing Equipment Operator to join us and provide support nationwide.
Job Title: Grounds Maintenance & Racing Equipment Operator
Reports to: Racing Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Nationwide (Normal Place of Work: Curraheen Park, Cork)
Scope of the Role
The key function of this role will be to undertake all grounds related activities to meet the needs of the racing function and to ensure that all racing and associated facilities are maintained to an excellent standard.
Hours of Work
You may be required to work varying shifts from Monday to Saturday. Start and finish times vary each day, and a roster will be agreed with your line manager on a weekly basis depending on trial sessions, race nights and track maintenance required. Flexibility is required to allow for changes to the racing schedule and trial sessions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To drive the hare to the required standards at both trail and racing sessions. (training provided)
- To ensure that the traps and all racing related equipment is well maintained through a programme of preventive maintenance as agreed with the racing support officer.
- To work closely with colleagues in maintaining the track racing surface to required standard for both trial sessions and race nights.
- Effectively process payments at trial sessions and report as per company policies and procedures.
- To operate at both private and official trials at times directed by the Racing Manager.
- To effectively maintain the stadium facilities and grounds to the highest possible standard at all times.
- Cutting of the grass and maintenance of the infield and surrounding areas of the stadium.
- Plate and harrow the racing surface using a tractor and specialist equipment.
- Rake the track surface to ensure that the cambers at to the required standard.
- Deal with owners & trainers in a professional and courteous manner at all times with a particular focus during trial sessions & race nights.
- Comply with all GRI procedures to include all statutory procedures - Fire Health and Safety, hygiene, internal audit.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent inter-personal skills and teamwork skills
- Have knowledge or experience in the area of maintenance.
- Experience in driving tractors and operating other machinery.
- Driving Licence.
- Flexible attitude to the role.