Job Title: Financial Account / Project Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Work Location: GRI Head Office, Limerick
Rásaíocht Con Éireann (RCÉ) / Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a commercial semi-state body responsible for the Promotion and Development of Greyhound Racing in Ireland. We are seeking a Qualified Financial Accountant / Project Accountant to join our team on a permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the Financial Accountant / Project Accountant role is to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in all aspects of activities involved in the running of the Finance Department. The role is varied, and the successful candidate will be involved in all financial controls and reporting for RCÉ and group entities. A key feature of this role is experience in project implementation and ensuring buy-in from various stakeholders. Additionally, building relationships and “Business Partnership” between Finance and Business Operations is key to this role. Experience in implementing Continuous Improvement LEAN initiatives and LEAN Six Sigma qualification is desirable
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts within strict deadlines to meet reporting timelines.
- Maintenance of financial records and responsibility for the general ledgers you are assigned.
- Preparation of year end financial statements and statutory accounts for audit purposes.
- Assist with the consolidation of monthly and annual accounts.
- Participation in the annual budget process
- Preparation of Cashflows
- Preparation of monthly Bank reconciliations and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Improvement LEAN initiatives.
- Analyse trends, costs, revenues incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Communication and liaison with auditors both internal and external, third parties and other team members.
- Developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Providing support and leading where required, group wide projects.
- Develop strong relationships with AP, AR, Payroll, Revenue.
- Assist in the completion of Statutory Returns (VAT, PAYE, CSO etc.)
- On-going development and review of internal controls and processes.
- Comply with RCÉ’s procedures.
- Inter-office travel may be required for third party and Stadia meetings and participation in various projects
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet business needs.
Hours of Work:
The role is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week normally Monday to Friday but may vary depending on the needs of the business. Flexibility will be required to meet the requirements of the role.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant (ie ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least 1 year PQE.
- Possess a commercial outlook on all business matters.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with others and to build relationships across the business is key to this role.
- Be a dedicated self-starter, who can work independently, coordinating and prioritising work.
- Possess a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills and an adaptability to using new ERP systems.
- Experience in implementing a new ERP system & Expenses management system is highly desirable.
- LEAN Six Sigma qualification is highly desirable.
- Will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A fluency in English is a must