Greyhound Racing Ireland (GRI) is a Commercial Semi-State Body which has responsibility for the promotion, regulation and ongoing commercial development of the greyhound industry in Ireland.
GRI currently have an opportunity to fill a permanent position of Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator.
Job Title: Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator
Location: GRI Head Office, Limerick
The position will primarily be based in the GRI offices at Greenpark, Dock Road Limerick. However,GRI currently operate a hybrid working model.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing of supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and set-up electronic transfers and payments.
- Ensure that all supplier queries and invoices are dealt with on a timely basis. Correspond
directly with suppliers and internal stakeholders in response to queries.
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements and follow through on outstanding queries.
- Tax Clearance Certificate maintenance & with-holding tax returns to Revenue.
- Manage company expenses in line with Company policy.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly Credit Card reconciliations ensuring receipts are provided for all expenditure.
- Maintenance of Cashbook.
- Retired Greyhound Trust administration.
- Assist with weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Other ad-hoc duties incl. dealing with external Auditors, Internal Auditors, stationery
management, kitchen suppliers.
- Comply with all GRI procedures to include all statutory procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as assigned by management to meet with business needs.
Hours of Work
The role is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week normally Monday to Friday but may vary depending on the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be required to have work flexibility to meet the requirements of the role.
Education, Preferred Behaviours and Competencies
- Applicants must have relevant accounts payable experience. Previous payroll experience is preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Will have good interpersonal and communication skills. A fluency in English is a must.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Has the ability to work towards tight deadlines whilst using their own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and work as part of a team.